Fun Leadership Training Activities To Do on Your Holidays
For many people around the world, holidays are soon approaching. What better time to do online leadership training programs, or buy and do that self help course…especially when you know it can be fun!
By doing fun leadership training activities on your holidays, you can include your family and get greater bang for buck!
So, how do you decide which course to do? That’s where we help in this article!
What Our Research Found
We don’t want to appear too negative here, as the right self development and self help courses are excellent and the Internet makes available courses that otherwise would not be available for people who are not fortunate enough to have their employer provide good self development courses.
But there are many scams, some outrageously pricey courses, dissatisfied customers, burned affiliates who pay a high price to be able to on-sell courses that turn out to be rorts and really hard sells occurring on the Internet.
And there are many vulnerable people being used, as self development is one of those personal things that genuine people decide to invest in, with all the best intentions.
There even is disagreement over the size of the self development market – we’ve read so-called experts say anything between USD5 billion to USD11 billion annually! Whatever the correct figure, two things are true – it is an enormous market and growing quickly.
Hence, we recommend only the following, as cautious as it may sound:
- Attend courses provided by your employer – take advantage, as you very likely will get a lot out of the courses if you attend them and take into them the right attitude. Be grateful that you are one of the lucky ones who has an employer which has assessed courses and are providing them for you.
- Go with who you know – some local courses are the best available…so follow leaders with whom you resonate, as well as recommendations from people whose opinions you trust.
- If your employer doesn’t provide courses and you are not able to go with who you know, go with what the market shows – to us, this means only undertake courses that businesses and consumers vouch for. Yes, there always will be some who have poor experiences, but they are far outweighed by the successes. So, we only vouch for two:
- Tony Robbins – because the business world has voted, with thousands of them investing in his programs and well-known brands giving the thumbs up to his programs (e.g. he has been honored by Accenture as one of the “Top 50 Business Intellectuals in the World”; by Harvard Business Press as one of the “Top 200 Business Gurus”; and by American Express as one of the “Top Six Business Leaders in the World” to coach its entrepreneurial clients. Fortune’s recent cover article named him the “CEO Whisperer,” and he has been named in the top 50 of Worth Magazine’s 100 most powerful people in global finance for two consecutive years); consumers have voted, with in excess of 50 million people having attended his courses (often more than once); and he has sustained his leadership role for over 40 years (currently the #1 business and life strategist in the United States). Safe bet.
- Brian Tracy – again because the business world has voted, with well over 1,000 of them investing in his programs and well-known brands giving the thumbs up to his programs (e.g. recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Academy of Best-Selling Authors™, he won the Harold Longman Award in 2010, and Master of Influence Award in 2011); consumers have voted, with in excess of 5 million people having attended his courses (often more than once) in over 70 countries; and he has sustained his leadership role for over 30 years. Another safe bet, in our view.
Full details are provided in our previous article, Leadership Characteristics List – Self Development…Full of Scams!
Fun Leadership Training Activities For Your Holidays
So where does that leave you?
Given it’s your holidays, the leadership training program is not going to be one provided by your employer. mybestchoices.org does not know about most local programs and therefore cannot comment on that area.
But, for people who do not know of a local program, we can help you decide what to do, in three easy steps:
- Get together with your family member/s or friend/s who you’d like to do training with
- Click on each of the following links
- click here for Tony Robbins (pictured first, above) courses, and
- click here for Brian Tracy (pictured second, above) programs
- …they will take you to appropriate pages on each site
- Explore the LEADERSHIP courses on offer – be confident that it’ll be fun, worthwhile and improve your leadership…as will your family and friends…our research has shown that, so we’re providing you with a safe bet!
You are likely reading this, as you are a leader who wishes to continually improve your leadership skills…but are not sure whether to do a course and, if so, which course to do.
We researched the situation and recommend three broad options – do that course your employer provides; do that course run by a local leader with a great reputation; and, for those not fortunate enough to have any of the first two options available, play it safe and stick with Tony Robbins and Brian Tracy.
We are confident that you will find their courses fun leadership training activities…and very worthwhile.
Do a course on your holiday – include people from your family and friends…for free! More fun and more value!
Have your say about leadership courses – leave comments below this article and share this article!
Onward and upwards!